Let’s get the facts straight first.
With the pressures of constant change in our external and internal environments, technology automation and the increasing accessibility to always being switched on, employees are being expected to be doing more in less time, in ever-changing environments.
Not only is this impacting on the levels of stress and anxiety, but employees are in fact responding with lower levels of engagement and productivity.
Resilience and the capability of employees to action plan amongst chaos is the key to the future for any business that wants to survive in the modern world.
Not many businesses have stopped to contemplate how the modern day environment is impacting on the minds and performance of their employees, and themselves, and how this is creating a flow-on affect to the business outcomes.
Think you know? Think again.
- One in five Australians (21%) have taken time off work in the past 12 months because they felt stressed, anxious, depressed or mentally unhealthy.
- This statistic is more than twice as high (46%) among those who consider their workplace mentally unhealthy.
- According to an ABS study, 45% of Australians between the ages of 16-85 will experience a mental health condition in their lifetime.
- It is estimated that untreated mental health conditions cost Australian workplaces approximately $10.9 billion per year.
- This comprises $4.7 billion in absenteeism, $6.1 billion in presenteeism and $146 million in compensation claims.
There is an opportunity for forward-thinking businesses to boost their employee engagement, well-being and overall workforce productivity by instilling simple tools to build mental resilience and power in the workplace and/or community.
Want to know more how we can help you to build resilience and power of employees?